Foreclosure Defense Lawyers in Phoenix, Salt Lake City & Beyond
Helping Our Clients Protect Their Homes during Challenging Times
Few things are worse than finding out that a bank is planning to kick you out of your own home. Most of the time, this happens at a person's worst point financially, making it that much more stressful to find a new place to live and continue to provide for a family. At Law Zebra, our foreclosure defense lawyers in Arizona and Salt Lake City help clients to use legal strategies that prevent banks and other lenders from taking away their property. We offer free consultations and take cases on contingency—you owe us nothing unless we provide you with a permanent legal solution.
The Bank Is Not Your Friend
When foreclosure proceedings begin, the bank may call you to inform you that your missed mortgage payment will result in late fees and higher interest rates. Once you are unable to repay that higher amount for 90 days, you will be considered in default of your loan and will be notified accordingly. If you are still unable to meet your payments, you will be notified of a trustee sale taking place on your property where your home will be sold to the highest bidder.
Some people try to negotiate with their lenders by asking to either make lower payments or have the overall amount reduced. It is here that people can be taken advantage of with subprime loans and other predatory practices. The better choice is to work with an attorney who can advocate on your behalf.
You may be able to avoid foreclosure with strategies such as:
- Filing for bankruptcy: While this can hurt your credit, you may be able to have some other debts discharged, making it more possible to repay your mortgage.
- Short sale: In cases where your mortgage balance is higher than the home's actual worth, you may be able to negotiate a sale that will forgive the debt.
- Loan modification: Ideally, you will be able to strike a deal with your lender so that you stay in your home and they get their money. By modifying the terms of your mortgage, you can make your payments more affordable.
- Suing your lender: It is crucial that lenders go about foreclosure in a legal way. If they don't, you have grounds for a lawsuit to stop them from taking your home.
- Deed in lieu of foreclosure: Sometimes, lenders will accept the deed to your home as payment of your debts.
How Law Zebra Can Help
Our firm understands your difficult situation. We want to help you keep your life in order as much as possible. During your free consultation with one of our foreclosure defense attorneys, we will review the details of your case to give you a better understanding of your options and how to exercise them. You are not alone. There are ways to protect yourself.
Call (801) 820-9955 now.
Energy & Zeal- Jessica C.
I Couldn't be More Thankful
Talented, Creative, Personable & Successful- Charles D.
Work with successful trial attorneys who are ready to protect and defend your rights as a consumer to keep you out of the lion's den when financial hardships are on the horizon.Call Today at 801-820-9955