Robo & Spam Call Attorneys
Protecting Your Privacy & Peace of Mind
Telemarketers and creditors are not allowed call your cell phone without prior permission, yet it still happens to thousands of people on a daily basis. While the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) restricts how and when telemarketers and other solicitors can call you, most people don’t know about the law and simply put up with the abuse. At Law Zebra, we work with telephone regulation attorneys who know how to help you restore your peace of mind if you are being targeted by these agencies.
Your Rights Under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Debt collection agencies and other parties are required to respect your privacy and day-to-day life. For example, you cannot legally receive a phone call about a debt you haven’t received mail for.
The TCPA also stipulates that:
- Calls may not come before 8 a.m. or after 9 p.m.
- Agencies cannot make threats of legal action against you
- If you are on the National Do Not Call Registry, agencies cannot call you
Each phone call, fax, or text message violation is subject to fines ranging from $500 to $1,500. When you add up all of these violations, it can bring severe consequences to these unethical companies. Many states have their own laws that fine violators in addition to TCPA penalties.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
At Law Zebra, our attorneys understand the importance of your peace of mind. During your free consultation, we can explain the law to you and help you build a case against abusive telephone practices. In the meantime, there are some things you can do to strengthen your case against these companies.
If you are contacted by a telemarketer on your cell phone, you should:
- Notify the telemarketer or spammer that they do not have permission to contact your phone
- Make records of each call or text by writing down the date and time of each call
- Document the date and time of your request to stop all calls and texts
- Take screenshots of illegal calls or texts and contact a consumer protection rights attorney
Your well-being is important to us. Let us help you find the solution to your illegal telephone practice issues.
Call (801) 820-9955 now to get started.
Energy & Zeal- Jessica C.
I Couldn't be More Thankful
Talented, Creative, Personable & Successful- Charles D.
Work with successful trial attorneys who are ready to protect and defend your rights as a consumer to keep you out of the lion's den when financial hardships are on the horizon.Call Today at 801-820-9955